Tuesday, July 24, 2012

This Green Love Seat



We sat here about nine years ago, and after I finished a long story about nothing, he turned to me and changed my life for the better.  It's here where he took a knee and asked me if I'd let him love me forever.

Thankfully, I was smart enough to say yes.

In the nine years that would follow we would fall into a daily routine.  We would travel. We would celebrate and love two precious gifts of life. We would mourn the loss of loved ones. We would be ungrateful in times of plenty, and learn to be thankful in times need.

More recently we would take to the uncharted waters of unemployment for 15 months, sell our first home, accept a gracious offer and move into my in law's house.

So back on the green love seat I sit. Today I sat here and worked on a reading lesson with my oldest, cuddled my youngest, and stole a kiss with my love when he returned home from the good job God provided.

I sit here again my mind consumed with a to do list before bed. He gets a text, pauses the show we are watching and says, "It's the realtor. The seller's appraisal came through, and we are good."

My breath catches in my throat. Our eyes meet, we silently smile at each other the same knowing smile we smiled nine years ago, and he presses play.

The show continues and here I sit on this green love seat. I am caught off guard again by the idea that my God would choose to love me so. To allow our next dream, buying our own house to raise our girls in, to come true. I am filled with a scary and wondrous sense of awe.

I could allow doubts and fears to steal this moment from me, or I could remember that He came to give life, and give it to the full.

So I do what I've been doing a lot lately. I pull out my iPhone and start typing feverishly. I write and remember His faithfulness. I remember the verse He's sewn into my heart over the past two years. 


Philippians 4:4 ~ Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again Rejoice!

Rejoicing tonight not in the fact that we are steps closer to an earthly dream, but that I am only one thankful thought away from my heavenly King.

Thank you Jesus for meeting me again on this green love seat.

2 comments:

  1. Truly a spiritual inventory-God is faithful! I don't think I realized he proposed at his mom and dad's house. You will have to retell me that story!

    ReplyDelete