Monday, April 15, 2013

Lonely

I've been feeling lonely. I'm not going to write a long sob story about this, because I truly am surrounded by people who love me. More so, I am going to make the choice not to let this emotion lead me down the spiral of self pity.

However, this  morning  I could not live in denial either.  As I was blow drying my hair, I let my emotions come to the surface.  My eyes turned weepy and in my rarely quiet house I told God the truth. It sounded something like this. (Think whiny voice in my head.)

"I am lonely, I just want a little encouragement from someone. I know I need to stop looking for it from other people, but I really just want some one to cheer me on, tell me I'm doing a good job..."

When my curly locks were finally somewhat tamed. I sat to write my memory verses. I opened my bible app, and before I could navigate my way to Philippians, these "verses of the day" caught my eye.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.

And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. 
For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame,
and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
~Hebrews 12:1, 2

His display of amazing love for me came on that lonely cross He endured two thousand some years ago, but He also showed it today in a brief moment where He encouraged me with His word when I least expected it. How sweet is the grace of my God. The maker of the universe is also my friend who has designed time to give me words of encouragement when I need it most.

Feeling lonely? Tell our maker. He longs to bless us, whether we are expecting it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment